If you have reached the stage where you are in negotiations with another company about selling your IP right, it is a good idea to enter a written agreement, before any real co-operation is established.
The Danish Patent and Trademark Office has developed a number of standard contracts, which you can use as a starting point or inspiration in your negotiations. The standard contracts have been developed with the support from Kammeradvokaten/Law firm Poul Schmidt in cooperation with a broad panel consisting of the following organisations:
The Confederation of Danish Industries,
- The Danish Chamber of Commerce,
- The Danish Bar and Law Society,
- The Association of Danish Law Firms,
- ADIPA (formerly the Association of Danish Patent Agents),
- The Inventors Association DK,
- The Danish Association of Inventors,
- Local Government Denmark and
- Danish Regions
Remember to seek professional advice before you sign the agreement.
Click on the links in the black box on the right to start using the standard agreements.
If you want to read more about the various standard contracts, then check out our Trade Portal (leaving this site).